Paradox Development Studio is back with the fourth installment of the their empire building game series that defined the Grand Strategy Genre. Europa Universalis IV gives you control of a nation to guide through the years in order to create a dominant global empire.
Rule your nation through the centuries, with unparalleled freedom, depth and historical accuracy.The experiences of true exploration, trade, warfare and diplomacy will be brought to life in this epic title rife with rich strategic and tactical depth.
Prepare to join a worldwide community of over half a million players and experience the drama and tension that only the grand stage of history can provide. Following on the success of the critically acclaimed strategy/RPG Crusader Kings II, Paradox Development Studio is ready to take you to worlds both old and new – each yours for the taking.
Europa Universalis IV Main Features:
• Make your own decisions: Nation building is completely flexible and the possibilities are endless.
• Bring out your negotiating skills in a deeper diplomatic system: Use coalitions, royal marriages and support for rebels and explore the possibilities of the new unilateral opinion system.
• Use your Monarch Power: Experience the new system of monarch power where your choices are influenced by the caliber of the man you have at the top and will direct the ebb and flow of gameplay.
• Experience the all new trade system: The trade system adds a new dimension to the great trade empires of the period. Gain control of vital trade routes and make the wealth of the world flow to your coffers.
• Experience history coming to life: The great personalities of the past are on hand to support you as you make your mark on thousands of historical events
• Turn the world into your playground: Enjoy hundreds of years of gameplay in a lush topographical map complete with dynamic seasonal effects.
• Engage in Cross-platform Multiplayer: Battle against your friends or try the co-operative multiplayer mode that allows several players to work together to control a single nation with up to 32 players. Featuring hotjoin, improved chat, new matchmaking servers and support for a standalone servers.
• Create your own history & customize your game: Europa Universalis IV gives you the chance to customize and mod practically anything your heart may desire and uses Steam Workshop.
Nickel and Dime Your Rivals to Death with Privateers, Trade Companies and More, While Watching the New Trailer
STOCKHOLM — May 29, 2014 — Paradox Interactive and Paradox Development Studio today launched “Wealth of Nations”, the second expansion to the critically acclaimed empire-building strategy title Europa Universalis IV. Available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, trade enthusiasts can purchase Wealth of Nations for the current market value of a barrel of spices, or $9.99, from digital storefronts worldwide as well as on the Paradox Store.
Wealth of Nations takes the award-winning franchise into the rough seas of trading where players can now forge their own trade empires and amass large amounts of wealth by legitimate means, such as creating powerful trade capitals and treating with other nations to gain trade power over a region, or by more lucrative methods like hiring privateers to “help” your rivals unload stored goods from their ships to your own.
The interest in our Europa Universalis Short Story Contest has been amazing - so great, in fact, that we had to push up this announcement by two weeks. Now we are finally here.
Equally impressive is the quality of the works that you have sent us. We are blown away by the levels of historical insight and writing skills you have shown. Choosing only three of the 100 submissions has been next to impossible. Yet we had to do it, and so we have! So, without further ado, here are the winning submissions in the Paradox Short Story Contest 2014, in alphabetical order:
-"Company", by Luke Bean: A masterful depiction of a brutal German history that never was, seen through the eyes of a boy.
-"Écureuils", by Aidan Darnell Hailes: A moving portrait of a woman in an alternate modern US, showing how history is not just in old books - its consequences affect us all, in everyday life.
-"The Great Work", by Felix Cook: A thriller take on a plausible yet very different Britain and Scandinavia, a century after a successful Gunpowder Plot.
New expansion for Europa Universalis 4 Buy Conquest of Paradise - the new expansion for Europa Universalis 4 from your retailer of choice here: http://www.europauniversalis4.com/buy
STOCKHOLM — January 14, 2014 — Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and planter of flags, today released “Conquest of Paradise,” the first expansion to award-winning empire-building game Europa Universalis IV created by Paradox Development Studio. Available now for Windows, Mac, and Linux, Conquest of Paradise provides players of Paradox’s celebrated strategy game with an all-new set of challenges, sending them to the New World during the age of exploration.
Explorers and Emperors alike will find a completely randomized American continent added to their game, including features such as trading with the natives, establishing colonies, and new options for military conquest. Players can also take control of newly formed colonial nations – or play as one of several Native American Nations, complete with unique buildings, events, and mechanics.
Discover a new world unlike any you have seen before STOCKHOLM — January 2, 2014 — Are you ready to explore paradise? Paradox Interactive, a publisher of games and famed explorer, today began offering pre-orders for “Conquest of Paradise,” the first expansion to Europa Universalis IV. Created by Paradox Development Studio, the latest addition to the award-winning empire-building franchise is coming to Windows/Mac/Linux on January 14, and can be purchased through leading digital distribution platforms.